The Configuration of Mconnect Flat Rate Shipping Per Product Magento Extension:
To know how to install this extension visit our video section.
Before you proceed with using the extension, you need to do the configuration of the extension as shown below:
1. Sign in to the Magento configuration panel.
2. Navigate to 'system' menu and select 'configuration' menu option.
3. Scroll down in Configuration to find 'Sales'. Click on 'Shipping Methods'.
4. At the right side, Shipping Methods screen opens displaying entire shipping extension supported by the system. Click on 'Flat Rate Shipping per Product' extension.
Let’s review above-stated configuration options.
- Enabled: Set this field to 'Yes' to enable the shipping method of this extension at your store.
- Title: Give a unique title to the shipping method which will be displayed during checkout at the storefront.
- Method Name: Give a unique method name to the shipping method which will be displayed during checkout at the storefront.
- Method Type: Here, you will get two options to set method type for charging the shipping cost on the products.
Per Product: This calculates the shipping cost for each individual product on the cart. Each product individual shipping cost is set from Admin>>Catalog>>Manage Products>>Open Product>>MConnect Custom Shipping.
For Example: If Product A have Flat Shipping Cost as $20, then $20 will be added to the product price to make the final product price. Similarly, if Product B have Flat Shipping cost as $20 is also added to cart, then the total shipping cost per product will be $30 added to the product price at shopping cart.
- Additionally, if there is no 'Flat Rate Shipping Cost' set for a product, then its shipping cost will be default shipping cost.
Per Order: This calculates the shipping cost per order irrespective of how many products are added in an order based on the
'Max/Min' field configuration.
1) If Product A have 'Flat Rate Shipping Cost' as $20 and Product B have 'Flat Rate Shipping Cost' as $23, then the final shipping cost will be $23 for Max Configuration. On the other hand, final shipping cost will be $20 for Min Configuration.
2) If Product A have 'Flat Rate Shipping Cost' as $20 and Product B have 'Flat Rate Shipping Cost' as $23 and Default Shipping Cost is 40, then the final shipping cost will be $40 for Max Configuration. On the other hand, for Min Configuration the final shipping cost will be $20.
3) If Product A have 'Flat Rate Shipping Cost' as $20 and Product B
have 'Flat Rate Shipping Cost' as 0 and Default Shipping Cost is 30, then the final shipping cost will be $30 for Max Configuration. On the other hand, for Min Configuration the final shipping cost will be $20.
- Display Default Rate: If set to 'Yes', then the default rate shown below will be used to calculate the shipping cost for all products.
- Default Product Shipping Cost: This will become the base shipping cost if no products have shipping price assigned to them individually.
- Multiple Qty: If same product is added multiple times, then the shipping cost for each individual product will be calculated based on the number of product quantity.
For Example: Suppose 'Flat Rate Shipping Cost' for Product A is $5, then ordering 3 quantities of this product, total shipping cost will become $15.
- Allow Free Shipping: Is set to 'Yes', then it will allow Free Shipping for the products. You can set the defined amount from 'Free Shipping Over Total' field.
Free Shipping over the Total: It sets the maximum shipping cost for the free shipping offerings.For Example: Suppose 'Free Shipping over Total' is $700 and the grand total of a product is $600, then free shipping is not applied.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: You may either provide shipping facility to all available countries from 'All Allowed Countries' option or select specific countries from 'Specific Countries' option.
- Ship to Specific Countries: This field will be enabled only if you select 'Specific Countries' option from above field. Simply click on the countries to select and the products will be shipped to the selected countries only.
- Show Method if not Applicable: This field will be applicable for 'specific countries' option only. If set to 'Yes', then this will display error message if shipping is not applicable to other countries. For 'No' option, shipping method won't be visible for the other selected countries.
- Displayed Error Message: This error message will be prompted to the customers if your set shipping destinations or order conditions are not satisfied by them.
- Sort order: This decide the position of the shipping method irrespective of other shipping methods and not the actual position. It means if you have set ‘4’ as Sort Order number, it may display shipping methods with higher sorting order than the ‘4’, and not exactly the ‘4th’ order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.