The Configuration of Mconnect Customer Specific Product and Price Magento Extension:
To know how to install this extension visit our video section.
Before you proceed with using the extension, you need to do the configuration of the extension as shown below:
1. Sign in to the Magento Extension Administrator Panel.
2. Navigate to 'System' menu and select 'Configuration' menu option.
3. Scroll down to Configuration and find 'M-Connect Media Extensions'. Click on 'Customer Specific Product' extension.
At the right side, Customer Specific Product Screen opens. Now, hide the products that you do not want to display to the customers at the storefront.
- Enabled: Set this field to 'Yes' to enable the Customer Specific Product extension at your store.
Categories: This displays the list of products and categories. Select the product category (for multiple categories, click+CTRL) to hide at the storefront.
- Hide Categories: It lets you hide specific categories from the menu at the front end for common visitors but allows it to show only for specific customer groups you have assigned in the backend.
For Example: If you select ‘New Arrival' category, then this particular product will not display at the storefront.
- Only login customer can see product: If 'yes', then only the login customer can view all hide product(s) at the storefront. If selected 'No', then all customers can view the products.
- After login redirects to Here, you will get two options to redirect the login customers to the page as selected in this option.
- Account Page: Upon login, the customer will be redirected to their account page.
- Redirect URL: Upon login, the customer will be redirected to the product they are looking for.
- Login Required Message: The entered message will be displayed on the login page when a customer tries to view a hidden product.
- Disable Crawling: It disables Google bot crawling for products that are restricted to display at the front end for common visitors.
How to Create Customer Groups and Assign Product(s) to it?
This functionality allows a store owner to create a customer group and display only specific products to that particular group.
For Example: If you want to display 'Jewelry' to only particular 'Retailer', then first create a Customer Group and then assign all jewelry products to that group.
This will hide the jewelry from another customer group, only, if you have to hide that product category (as shown above).
1. Navigate to Admin Panel>>Customers>>Customer Groups.
Here, we will create General Customer Group and assign all jewelry products to that group and hide that product at storefront for other groups.
2. Click on 'Add New Customer Group' button to add a new customer group.
New Customer Group Screen opens. Record the following details:
- Group Name: Enter the group name in this field.
- Tax Class: Select any one option to which the group belongs to like Retail Customer, Wholesale Customer, General, Members Only, Private Sales and Not-Logged in.
3. Click on 'Save' button to save the details or to continue saving and adding new customer group, click on 'Save and Continue Edit' button.
Based on the group created in above screen, the Customer Group list will be displayed on the screen.
4. Now, click on the Customer Group name. Here, we click on 'General' group.
5. Navigate to 'Customer Group Specific Products' under Group Information to assign specific products to the particular group.
Here you need to import the product CSV file to assign specific products to the selected group.
Or Search products by selecting 'Any' option in the column header and clicking on 'Search' button.
The products will be displayed based on the product category selected during configuration. Select products from the list and save it.
Now, the selected products will be only displayed to the particular Customer Group. Make sure to hide the related products category for other customers from System>>Configuration>>Customer Specific Product.
How to Display Product(s) To Specific Customer from Customer Module?
1. Navigate to Admin Panel>>Customers>>Manage Customers
This displays the list of all existing customers. Create or edit customer information.
2. Navigate to 'Customer Specific Products' under Customer Information from left.
- Settings: This field allows you to assign products of the particular customer group to the customer.
Follow Group Products?
- Yes: Selecting 'Yes' will assign the customer group products to the selected customer. Meaning that, if the customer ABC is assigned to 'General' Group, then all products added to the General group will be displayed only for this customer. However, you may unselect the products that you don't want to display to the customer.
Select 'Any' to view all products list, select 'Yes' to view only selected products list and select 'No' to view all deselected product list.
The Customer Group is assigned from (Customers>>Manage Customers>>Add New Customer>>Group).
For Example: Suppose 'General' group has five products. But, store owner wants to display only one product to a particular customer of that group.
- Customer Specific Products: You may also assign other products to this customer.
Customer Group Products: Displays only those products that are assigned to the selected customer group.
So, selecting the particular product will only be displayed at storefront for that customer irrespective of the group selected.
- No: This will display all restricted products in the product grid. Meaning that, whatever product category you have restricted during configuration. Those products will only display over here.
3. Click on 'Save Customer' to save the details.
How to Display Product(s) To Specific Customers from Catalog Module?
1. Navigate to Catalog>>Manage Products
2. Select any one product and click on 'Edit' link.
3. Navigate to 'Specific Customer' from left. Select any customer(s) and save it by clicking on 'Save' button.
This will display the selected product to that particular customer(s) at the storefront.
To display product to a specific customer group, navigate to 'Specific Customer Group' from left.
Select any 'Customer Group(s)' and save it by clicking on 'Save' button.
This will display the product to the specifically selected customer group at the storefront.
OFFER CUSTOM PRICE TO CUSTOMERS
Merchants can offer the special prices for the specified product to the chosen customers using the custom price functionality given in the extension. From the Magento admin panel, you can enter the custom price against the products for the specific customers.
When customers login into their accounts, the extension enables them to find customized prices instead of original prices of the selected products.
OFFER CUSTOM PRICE TO CUSTOMER GROUPS
Apart from specific customers, you can also offer custom price of products for selected customer groups. Once you have set the custom price in the backend, customers from that group will see the custom price at the storefront against the original price of the product.
Here, you need to enter the custom price on the customer group products page at the backend by selecting the product. Finally, save the configuration to apply it on the storefront.
Import Group Products for Customer Group:
1. Please navigate to: Customers > Manage Customers > Edit Customer > Customer Specific
Products > Import Group CSV File.
As per above there is sample CSV file link download it and edit and import it.
2. First create a csv file with below fields:
- Customer_id: Id of customer to be import o SKU: SKU of the product with (;) separated.
- Price: Price for the product o Is_followgroup: 0 and 1.0 for no and 1 for Yes.
- Is_update: 0 and 1. 0 for overwriting with current product and 1 for update with current product.
3. Please click on Import CSV file section in customer index section in admin panel. Load your newly created CSV file. Click on “Import CSV” button to import CSV data. After successful import, you will receive “Import successful” message. Refresh the page to view uploaded product files.