The Configuration of Mconnect Store Locator Magento Extension:
To know how to install this extension visit our video section.
Before you proceed with using the extension, you need to do the configuration of the extension as shown below:
1. Sign in to the Magento configuration panel.
2. Navigate to 'system' menu and select 'configuration' menu option.
3. Scroll down in Configuration to find 'M-Connect Media Extensions' click on 'Store Locator'.
4. At the right side, Store Locator screen opens. Now record your store configuration data and do Google Map settings.
Start doing the configuration as shown below:
- Enabled: Set this field to 'Yes' to enable the store locator extension at your store.
- URL Key for Page: This is the URL of the store locator web page. Remember not to include space between the URL names. By default, store locator will be the URL name.
- Page Title: This is the title of your store locator web page.
- Add Link in Top Menu: Select 'Yes' to give an option of finding store at your store menu.
Google Map Settings:
- Google API Key: Enter the API Key received from Google Maps API. To get the API key, you need to register your account at Google Developer Console from this link: https://developers.google.com/maps/signup?hl=en
- Enable Map: To enable displaying your store name on the map, select
'Yes' from this field.
- Enable Directions: To display the street directions of the stores on the map, select 'Yes' from this field.
- Default Radius: Your entered radius will be default radius to display the store location proceeding the search made by the user if no radius is manually selected.
- Radius Measure: Radius is calculated in kilometres or miles. Select appropriate option for your store location.
- List Radius: To allow customers locate your store by selecting different radius measurement, enter all those measurements in this field. Every radius should be separated by ';'. For Example: 5;10;15
- Marker Image: Upload an image by clicking 'Browse' button to highlight the store location in map.
How to Add New Store?
- Store Information: This is the first section from where you can add store details.
1. Navigate to 'Store Locator' menu and select 'Manage Stores' menu option.
2. Click on 'Add New Store' button to add a new store. You may add as many stores you want from here.
3. Add Store Screen opens. Here, you have to enter the store details to display it on the map.
- Title: Enter your store Title which will be your store name.
- Street: Enter the Street address of your store.
- City: Enter the City name where your store is located.
- Country: Select the Country name where the store is located.
- State: Select the State name where your store is located.
- Zip/Postal Code: Enter the Zip/Postal Code of your store.
- Phone Number: Enter your store phone number in this field.
- Store View: Select the language in which your store location in the map should be displayed. To select multiple languages, click an option and drag your mouse.
- Status: To make this store location visible on map, select 'Enabled' option.
This is the second section to mark the exact location of your store in map.
1. Click on 'Map Details' field from left.
Google Map Screen opens.
2. Now there are two ways of recording your store exact location in Google map.
- Automatic: Based on the store location information filled by you in the previous screen, the system will automatically fetch your store location in Google Map. For this, click on 'Get Location' button.
The 'Latitude' and 'Longitude' data will be filled automatically as shown in below image.
- Manual: If you want to manually locate your store, then enter the 'Latitude' and 'Longitude' in their respective field.
3. Click on 'Save Item' to save the store information. If you want to add more stores, then click on 'Save and Continue Edit' button.
4. To reset the data entered, click on 'Reset' button.
The store will be added successfully and can be viewed at 'Store Manager' screen.
The Store Location will be displayed successfully at the storefront.
Please sign in to leave a comment.