The Configuration of Mconnect Ad Banner Manager Magento Extension:
To know how to install this extension visit our video section.
Before you proceed with using the extension, you need to do the configuration of the extension as shown below:
1. Sign in to the Magento configuration panel.
2. Navigate to 'system' menu and select 'configuration' menu option.
3. Scroll down in Configuration to find 'M-Connect Media Extensions' click on 'Ad-Banner'.
Ad Banner Screen opens.
4. Adv. Banner Display Settings: Configure the settings of how to display the banner at storefront.
- AdBanner Border Enabled - Display the banner with the border.
- AdBanner Width - From here, you can decide what would be the width of the banner.
- AdBanner Height -This defines the height of your banner.
- Display AdBanner Randomly Enabled - Display all your created banners in any random sequence at your storefront. If this field is set to 'yes', then Adv. Banner ID won’t be followed.
- AdBanner ID - This will work only if the above filed is set to 'No'. In such case, the banner of the defined id will be displayed at the storefront.
For Example: If you have entered '2' in this field, then the banner having id '2' will only be displayed at storefront.
- Display AdBanner Title Enabled - This will display your banner with its title.
5. Adv. Banner Block Settings: This section is available to perform the settings of your banner block.
- Display AdBanner Block in Left Column - Display the banner block in the left column by selecting this option.
- Display AdBanner Block in Right Column - This will display the banner block in the right column at your storefront.
- Display AdBanner Block in Content Area - This will display the banner block in the content section at your storefront.
6. Click on 'Save Config' button to save the configuration settings.
How to Manage Ad-Banner?
1. Navigate to 'Advertise Banner' and select 'Manage Ad-Banner' option.
2. Click on 'Add Adv Banner' button to add a banner.
Add Adv. Banner Screen opens.
3. Adv. Banner Information- Here add the information of your banner to be added at your storefront.
- Title - Record the title of your banner.
- Image - Upload the image of your advertisement banner.
- Banner Link - Link the banner to a particular page from here.
- Advertisement Code - You may even write the advertisement code if no image is available.
- Advertisement Mode - Select whether the advertisement is code based or image based.
- Status - Keep the banner enabled at your storefront from here.
The system will first check the configuration settings of the banner blocks performed in System> Configuration. If the banner display settings are enabled over there, then it will check the banner position from the below section. If no configuration settings are performed, then system will skip the following section.
4. Adv. Banner Position(s)-Add where your ad banner will be displayed at your storefront pages.
- Left Column - From here you can display the banner in the left column at your storefront.
- Content Column - Here you can decide to display the banner in the content section at your storefront.
- Right Column - From here you can display the banner in the right column at your storefront.
5. Adv. Banner on Page(s)-Add where your ad banner will be displayed at your storefront.
- Home Page - This will display the banner on the home page of your storefront.
- Category Page - Display the banner in the product category page of your storefront.
- Product Page - This will display the banner in the product page of your storefront.
6. Click on 'Save Adv. Banner' button to save the banner details.