The Configuration of Mconnect Multi Flat Rate Shipping Per Product Magento Extension:
To know how to install this extension visit our video section.
Before you proceed with using the extension, you need to do the configuration of the extension as shown below:
1. Sign in to the Magento® Extension Administrator Panel.
2. Navigate to 'System' menu and select 'Configuration' menu option.
3. Scroll down to Configuration and find ‘Sales’. Click on 'Shipping Methods' option.
4. On the right hand side, the shipping methods screen will open up. Now, go through the below mentioned instructions to apply specific or expedite amount on different products.
5. Click on ‘Multi shipping Flat Rate shipping per product’ to provide the specific amount and ‘Multi shipping expedite flat rate shipping per product’ to define expedite amount of the flat shipping rate for every individual product.
- Enabled: Set this field to 'Yes' to enable the Multiple shipping flat rate per Product extension at your store.
- Title: This displays the title of the shipping methods in the shipping section of the checkout page.
- Method name: This shows the name of the shipping method in the shipping section under the above title.
- Method type: Here you will get two options for calculating the shipping rates once the customers add the items in their shopping carts:
Per Product: This method calculates the flat rate shipping on the checkout page. For this, you have to mention a specific flat rate for individual product from your catalog.
Per Order: With this method, the flat rate shipping is calculated as per minimum or maximum configuration.
- Display Default Rate: Select yes or no to display the default rate on the frontend.
- Default Product Shipping cost: This is the standard rate which will be displayed when you have not mentioned any specific rate.
- Multiple quantities: Set this option to yes if the same product is added multiple times in the shopping cart.
- Allow Free Shipping: Enable or disable to allow free shipping option on the products added in cart. You can also define some amount in ‘free shipping over total’ field if you wish to offer free shipping.
Ship to Applicable Countries: Choose ‘all allowed countries’ or ‘specific/selected countries’ for the shipment with these shipping methods.
- Ship to Specific Countries: Select the countries where you wish to ship the item using multiple shipping flat rate per product shipping method.
- Show Method if not Applicable: Enable or disable to show these methods when they are/aren’t applicable for the added product.
- Displayed Error Message: Enter a message in this field to display at the time of the method not applicable for any particular product or order.
- Sort Order: Set the number for this shipping method to appear in the shipping section.
How to define the flat shipping rate for both shipping methods?
1. Navigate to: Catalog > Manage Products.
2. Click on ‘Edit’ option mentioned under the action option against the product. The product information page will open.
3. Find ‘M-Connect custom shipping’ under the Product Information Menu.
4. On the M-Connect custom shipping page, there will be 2 shipping options. You need to mention the flat rate in the given field of both the shipping options.
5. Click on ‘Save and Continue edit’ to apply the changes made.