The Configuration of Mconnect Store Locator Extension for Magento® 2 Extension:
To know how to install this extension visit our video section.
Before you proceed with using the extension, you need to do the configuration of the extension as shown below:
1. Go to Store Locator option and choose ‘yes’ under Enable.
2. Add in your Google API Key.
3. Click ‘yes’ for display top link option. Here you can add the store locator link to the header section.
List Sort by:
- Distance: Sort the store list by Distance to the location you are searching.
- Name Ascending: Sort store list by ascending order.
- Name Descending: Sort store list by descending order Store Locator Page title: Title to your store locator page.
- Store Locator URL key: URL key for your store locator page. The default value is “store locator”.
- Display Schedule Status for Store: Display store schedule on store details page.
- Image Gallery: Enable/Disable Store Image gallery.
- Marker Image: Store locator marker image to display on the map.
Distance search can be accomplished by:
- Kilometers: Distance is shown in kilometers.
- Miles: Show distance in Miles.
- Set Default Radius: Set default radius to search in the search section.
- Set Map Zoom Level: Zoom level of the map when clicked on a store on the map.
- Store Search Criteria: Select fields which you want to include in “Search by Area” section.
How to Add a Store?
1. You will have to log into the Admin panel.
2. Visit M-Connect Media and from there to Manage Stores.
3. It will display the list of all available stores.
4. Click on “Add New Store”.
5. All you have to do here is add the store name and add the store description.
6. Link your store in the contact information slot by adding the phone number and also providing the email address. Additionally, you may also provide with the Fax number too.
7. Add the URL key under the Meta Information category. The user is redirected to the link when clicked on View Details page. This is ideal when we take the SEO perspective into consideration.
8. Add the Meta title for the store and also a meta description and click on the status as enable/disable the current store.
Store Address Information:
9. Add the address line for your store, followed by the name of the city and the zipcode, the country name and the state name.
10 .Click on the ‘Get Location’ button to fill the latitude and longitude data automatically. One can also change the location if it is not clearly located by clicking on the map.
Add images for your store:
11. Once you have added the images pertaining to your store, you need to click on “Save Store”.
Store Schedule Status:
12. Select the one that suits the schedule for your store. New schedules could be created by clicking on the ‘Click here’ link.
How to Add a Schedule?
1. Go to M-Connect Media and from there to Manage Schedules.
2. All you have to do is click on “Add New Schedule”.
3. Add Schedule Name:
Here, you need to add status to all the days, starting from Monday to Sunday.
4. Then choose the status as ‘open’ or ‘close’. Then, select the open time: hour: minute. Later, select close time: hour: minute.
5. There is an ‘Apply to all’ button which will apply the current data to all days. Or, you can also set the schedule and open and close time for every day individually.
- Select Store: Admin can assign the schedule to available and applicable stores.
7. Select Stores and then click on “Save Schedule”.
You can search with the help of two criteria. One, you can search by distance. Second, search by area.
Search by Distance:
Enter the location for which you wish to find the store. Select the radius for the specific area so as to search and then click on the ‘search button’. This option will display the various stores that are entered within the select radius location wise.
Search by Area:
This section will contain all those fields that are selected in the configuration section titled “Store Search Criteria”. All you have to do is add the values and then click on the search button.
This list will enlist all those stores that match the criteria listed out in the search.
Click on the store and it will open the store on the map.
Street View will open the view of the current store on the map in case it is available. There is a direction button too that will open up to get the right direction.
You could add your location in the ‘Start’ field. Then click on ‘Go’.
This will bring forth the direction from one’s location to the location of the store.
One could drag the popup too and also can be easily moved by the mouse.
View Details: It will redirect the user to the Store details page.
The Store Details page comprises of the Store Title:
Image Gallery: Click on the image and it will open an image in popup.
Store on Map:
Street View: It will display Google street view for the store.