The Configuration of Mconnect Customer Specific Product for Magento® 2 Extension:
To know how to install this extension visit our video section.
Before you proceed with using the extension, you need to do the configuration of the extension as shown below:
Please make sure you do not have assigned your restricted products to multiple categories. All products which you want to restrict must have only one category assigned, or the extension may not work as expected.
- Enable/disable: Select yes to enable and No to disable the extension regarding the store view.
- Select Category: The store owner could select those categories which he would wish to restrict on the front end. One could select multiple categories.
- Hide restricted category on the front menu: If you wish to hide, select “Yes” and hide the restricted categories from the menu section. Selection of “No” will show the categories in the menu but will ask the user to log in before he can access the category.
- Only login customer can see product: If “Yes,” the store owner can click on category link which will, in turn, redirect a user who is not logged in to the login page. If “No,” the user who is not logged in can access the category with the assigned products.
- After login redirects to: There is a choice between the referral URL and the account page.
Referral URL: A customer is redirected to the category that he or she was trying to access once he or she is successfully logged in.
- Account Page: A customer is redirected to the Account Dashboard after he or she is successfully logged in.
- Login requires message: “You need to login to view products for this category” this message will be displayed to the guest customer if he or she tries to access restricted categories.
- Disable Web crawlers for restricted category products: Disable Google bot crawlers for restricted category products.
- Priority for Price: Group price and customer price are the options that are available in the segment. The store owner can specify which price to consider for the specific product.
- Hide Price: You can hide the Price for Guest customers.
- Disable add to cart: It can disable the "Add to Cart" feature for guest users and only allows it after registration and login.
Hide Price at Storefront:
How to Assign Products to Customer Groups?
1. Login to Admin Panel.
2. Navigate to Stores > Customer Groups Open a group for which you want to assign products
- Assign products: You can assign products of a category directly to a specific group of customers.
3. Select the products that you wish to assign to the current customer group. Custom price could also be assigned to various products that are selected.
4. Product data could be imported for customer group with the help of the CSV file.
5. There are two fields for customer group in the CSV file.
- SKU: Product SKU
- Price: Custom price for Product
Note: Please review attachments for the sample CSV for customer group and specific customer.
6. Click on Choose file and select CSV file to import. ? Click on Save Customer Group to import data.
How to Assign Products to Customers?
1. You can directly assign products to a customer by Navigate to Customer > All Customers
2. Click on a customer for whom you wish to assign products Navigate to Customer Specific Products tab.
There will be the following fields: There is a prompt, ‘Follow Group Products?’
- When you choose ‘Yes,’ it will automatically assign customer’s group products to a current customer.
- When you choose ‘No,’ it will not assign customer’s group products to the customer.
3. Pick on those products you wish to assign to the current customer.
Customer Specific Group Products:
This section displays the list of all products that are assigned to the current customer’s group. For instance, if the current customer belongs to General group, all the products that are assigned to the General group will be displayed in this section.
In case you wish to restrict some of the customer group products from the current customer’s viewing, you have to unselect the products and then save the customer.
Product Data can be imported with the help of CSV.
1. Navigate to Stores > Customer Groups
2. Click on any group. Navigate to Customer Group Specific Products.
The CSV file for the customer group will also comprise of two fields.
- Customer_id: This is the ID of the customer to whom you wish to assign products.
- SKU: SKUs of the products, multiple values can be added separated by (;).
- Is_followgroup: Assign a value to follow group products. You could assign 0 for “No,” and you could assign 1 for “Yes.”
3. Then, click on choose file option, select the CSV file. Import and save Customer Group to import data.
- Assign Category: You can assign products of a category directly to a specific group of customers.
How to Assign Customers and Customer Groups to Products?
1. Navigate to Products > Catalog.
2. Click on the product to which the customers or customer groups have to be assigned.
3. Navigate to Product Specific Customers.
4. Click on the ‘Add Specific Customer’ button and this will prompt a pop-up to choose the customers, and one could add specific customers.
5. Choose the customers and Click on “Add Selected Customers.”
How to Assign Customer Groups to Current Product?
1. Navigate to Specific Customer Groups.
2. Choose customer groups to whom the current product has to be assigned.
3. Save product.
Customer Specific Products:
It allows displaying customer specific products at front end only when the Customer login into the account section.
At Store Front:
How to Add Custom Price for Customer Group?
1. If you wish to add the custom price for a specific customer group on certain products, Navigate to Admin Panel > Customer Groups.
2. Create a group for whom you wish to assign this customized price.
3. Click on Customer Group Specific Products.
The original price of the product is displayed in the grid. You could add the price for the product in the Custom Price Textbox. Once it is added, click on save Customer Group. When users who belong to this group will log in through their respective accounts, they will see the custom prices for the products throughout the site.
How to Add Custom Price for Customers?
Here are the steps to be followed if the custom price has to be added to a product for a specific customer:
1. Navigate to Admin Panel > Customers > All Customers.
2. Open a customer to whom you wish to assign the custom price.
3. Click on the “Customer Specific Products” tab.
The price Colum will anyway display the original price of the Product. You just have to add the custom price for a product in the Custom Price Textbox.
4. Click on “Save Customer.” When the specific customer will log in through the front end into his account, he can see the custom price for the specific products.
Whenever a user that is unregistered tries to access the restricted category from the front end, he will be asked to log in with the error message that has been defined in the Configuration section.
Once the user is successfully logged in, he will be redirected to the category page. This category page will display only those products that are assigned to the customer with the specific custom price for those products.
The output can be viewed on the frontend by the customer.
Once the customer adds the product to his cart, the custom price is calculated to check out.
The price is also updated to the cart section.
Once the order is placed, the custom price becomes visible to the customer in the order details segment.