The Configuration of Mconnect Flat Rate Shipping Per Product Extension:
To know how to install this extension visit our video section.
Before you proceed with using the extension, you need to do the configuration of the extension as shown below:
1. Sign in to the Magento® Extension Administrator Panel.
2. Navigate to ‘Stores’ menu and select 'Configuration' menu.
3. Scroll down in Configuration to find 'Sales'. Click on ‘Shipping Methods'.
4. Settings Screen opens.
- Enabled: Set this field to 'Yes' to enable the shipping method of this extension at your store.
- Title: Give a unique title to the shipping method which will be displayed during checkout at the storefront.
- Method Name: Give a unique method name to the shipping method which will be displayed during checkout at the storefront.
- Method Type: Here, you will get two options to set method type for charging the shipping cost on the products.
- Each product individual shipping cost is set from Admin > Product > Catalog > Open Product > M-Connect Custom Shipping.
Per Order: This calculates the shipping cost per order irrespective of how many products are added in an order based on the 'Max/Min' field configuration.
- Display Default Rate: If set to 'Yes', then the default rate shown below will be used to calculate the shipping cost for all products.
- Default Product Shipping Cost: This will become the base shipping cost if no products have shipping price assigned to them individually.
- Multiple Quantity: If the same product is added multiple times, then the shipping cost for each individual product will be calculated based on the number of product quantity.
- Allow Free Shipping: Is set to 'Yes', then it will allow Free Shipping for the products. You can set the defined amount from 'Free Shipping Over Total' field.
- Free Shipping over Total: Define a value as a maximum shipping cost, so above it, the free shipping will eligible.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: You may either provide shipping facility to all available countries from 'All Allowed Countries' option or select specific countries from 'Specific Countries' option.
- Ship to Specific Countries: This field will be enabled only if you select 'Specific Countries' option from above field. Simply click on the countries to select and the products will be shipped to the selected countries only.
- Show Method if not Applicable: This field will be applicable for 'specific countries' option only. If set to 'Yes', then this will display the error message if shipping is not applicable to other countries. For 'No' option, shipping method won't be visible for the other selected countries.
- Displayed Error Message: This error message will be prompted to the customers if your set shipping destinations or order conditions are not satisfied by them.
Sort order: This decides the position of the shipping method irrespective of other shipping methods and not the actual position. Meaning that suppose the Sort Order is '4', then this shipping method will be displayed before the shipping methods who have higher sorting order and not position '4'.
5. Click on 'Save Config' to save the configuration settings.
Take a look at the extension effects at the storefront:
How to add shipping rate for a specific product?
1. Navigate to Products > Catalog.
2. The Catalog page will appear.
3. Click on the product for which you wish to add a shipping rate.
4. On the product page, go to the M-Connect Custom Shipping tab and add a flat rate.
5. Click on ‘Save’ button to apply the changes of the storefront.
Please sign in to leave a comment.